I have been doing some research during the down time of work (which is usually around 75% of the time), and thought that I would provide some information regarding a moral ideology that I would like to post for my family (team gecko), and my immediate and extended families, and those who look at this blog regarding the often distasteful nature of the American system. The first link is regarding wal-mart, america's largest corporation, on a website dedicated to citing walmarts often faulty ideology. I would hope that everyone spends some time with their families doing research regarding one of the companies that is forever chaning the face of our world. In order to fully legitimized the decisions we make, we all have a personal obligation to understand the socio-economic influence, distrust, and often greedy nature of corporate businesses and their effects on local communities, culture. Don't simply watch the news, in fact don't even watch your television right now, do some research on the internet and google, wal-mart issues, nike lawsuits, corporate america, and truly try to understand their place in our world. Because it's not simply about finding the lowest prices, it's got to be about truly caring for our "global" economy, not just the greatness of the U.S. of A. And I hope this is coming across with the intent I wished it to have, nobody has the right (including myself) to make a conscious distinction between where and how individuals should or do spend their money, for that's the great thing about our country, however, the road I would like my family to follow is one that fully understands the results of our everday actions. Check out the link below enough about wally's world.
http://walmartwatch.com/
Next, and last(for lengths sake) issue that I find incredibly important in our country is the overconsumption of meat products, mainly beef, chicken, and pork. This poses a dangerous one-way causal relationship, not only for ourselves as consumers, but also for the end product of overconsumption, which then dictates and apparently justifies(not really), the irresponsible use of our beatiful countries farmland. I would hope that most of you know and disrespect the excessive waste of agricultural land, which is used for the growth of corn and soy, simply to feed the mass quantities of (naturally herbivorous, but recently in america herbivocarnivorous) animals which need the land more than the people (makes sense, right), because we need sooooooo much meat yum yum. Do we? And this problem cannot be narrowed down to any blameworthy business or groups of businesses, however, American's having a meat based diet ideology is not the appropriate road on which to travel, no matter how wide it is. So to make my long, what could be my social-behavioral ecology dissertation short, by switching our consumption of meats to a few times a week, instead of a day, we are going to give such a relief to our farmland, our local, non-corporate farmers and will not stress out our pocket books for additional sized clothing and medical expenses and stuff. Check out the link below from mother jones magazine, which is a great magazine to put on your favorites, which gives truly consciouss news to the public. The only reason I am willing to put this post on our blog, is not to make anybody feel bad or question anybody's lifestyle, but lindsay and I love all of you who look at our blog and only want whats best for our families and friends, and our world. And I'm the youngest child in my family, whom has always filled the role of being a sometimes, painful thorn who has no discipline for believing everything he hears.
Warning for the video, don't let your young children watch it, it's not obscene, just a little bloody
http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp
Please leave me some comments regarding this information, whether it is annoying to read, whether its interesting and helpful, or whether you just skim through it looking for pictures of maya. I hope the links on the right side have been checked out because they are wonderful but I am going to start leaving them as posts so their all up in your face, so you'll feel bad not looking at them and stuff. I'll follow up with some additional information I've been researching, i don't have the time right now and have been busy lately. love ya'll
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment