Thursday, October 22, 2009
the adventures of Lyla begin !
it all started on monday afternoon when lindsay went to her doctors appointment only to realize that the baby had little amniotic fluid surrounding her placenta. This showed up on the monitor as having little movement, the heart beat was detectable however the graph indicating movement wasn't fluctuating. A bit of concern and scare ended us in the hospital again monday night for the same test and a scheduling ultrasound on tuesday morning at the university of utah. only through the ultrasound could the doctor realize that this little fluid indicated that whom would later become Lyla needed to escape her liquid enclosure and come visit her new family. So the doctor claimed there being no real rush but the baby was coming today. Soooo we went home, went shopping, took maya on a walk, and went up to the hospital at 12:00 pm and watched tv and listened to music till about 5 pm. Doctor I wanna get things done quick so I have a nice nights sleep wanted to start the petocin on lindsay really heavy, which we didn't want and the nurse suggested that we don't if lindsay wanted to birth naturally, so the nurse started her off at a snails pace of labor. At 5, the doc showed back up, released lindsays H20 and then the real business began. I was so proud of Lindsay, she was so much tougher than I ever thought she would have been. She was able to birth Lyla without gettin the needle in the spine (not that theres anything wrong with that !) sienfeld quote for the sssslllloooowww ones. so enough blabbering, lets get to what anyone wants to see our little baby girl. Lindsay protested that I not post many, or any hospital photos for we all look hideous! just kidding, she looked totally hot even after delivery.
Lyla snuggling, which is really all she does right now. kinda boring
Candlelight dinner offered by the hospital, which was 10,000 times better than their food, some catering service brought it the second night that we stayed in. all things considered what I thought would totally suck about having the baby in a hospital turned out ok, they never took lyla out of the room, even right after she was born, Daddy got to giver her the first bath, and the nurses never bothered us unless we asked them for something both during labor and after. Pretty sweet.
snuggler
our first visitor. I had to add pete on the post to indicate for those who might think that he is slow, he arrived promptly at 8:00 on Wednsday morning, ready to give lyla some love, thanks buddy.
another friend visitor, sorry family there are just to many of you to post pictures of, we still have pictures of you with the baby so you'll just have to hypno-breathe your way through it, hey it worked for lindsay. Except Norma and Boyd, who are so dang cute and rockin in their mid-80's.
my three best friends!
first chill session outside
NO WAY we're forgeting our first little girl. Dad and Maya had to get some alone time a few days after lyla arrived to talk about life and enjoy the beautiful fall time in the wasatch front.
I am so fortunate to be surrounded by the cutest girls in my family. This dog still has a huge part of mine and lindsay's heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
aaah cute..i love little lyla!!! congrats again. she's such a cute one!
tyler you are one lucky man...
ohh cute!! haha i heard maya was kinda sad the other day. glad you took her out.
and lindsay did look hot.
Newborn snuggling is never boring! Lyla is so perfect, she could be a movie baby! Also, Ryan will bear witness that a house full of girls is just heaven! Enjoy!
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. Hope all is well.
She is a very round headed very pretty baby! I have been during to see her. I've been waiting for my H1N1 to clear on out..far away, before I make a visit. Good post Ty! Congrats!
Congratulations!!! She is so so cute! I can't wait to see her! And I LOVE the name! Hope you're feeling good Linz!
Post a Comment