"....blessed is this life, so im going to celebrate being alive!"


Sunday, June 5, 2011

some fine artwork...

Friday night we ventured into the city with Tys parents to the Cathedral of St. Louis to see the Pikes Peak Bell Ringers.. It was soooo beautiful, def a must see while in St. Louis. This building has the most mosaic in the United States, which is pretty amazing. I know before we moved here it was def something Ty had found as somewhere that we needed to visit. They began the mosaic in 1902 and just finished under ten years ago, so its taken a looong time but once you see it you will know why, the place is huge!





The bell ringers were pretty fun to listen to but we could only imagine how awesome it would be to listen to a Christmas choir in that place.. Lucky us, they have Christmas performances in Dec, we will be there! While in Ecuador we def visited a bunch of pretty amazing basilicas but nothing compared to the mind blowing art that was found here.. Everyone should go see! Pretty cool..

2 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

Oh my word!!! That is amazing I would love to see that! Oh with a Christmas choir it would be like a movie! I just melt for Christmas time and fun little traditions like that; that really bring in the Christmas Spirit!

Stacy said...

Makes me think of the love fern you gave us for christmas...I guess it's that times a bajillion! Fern is happy...so are we!